Welcome

I decided to write this blog to document our new life in San Antonio, Texas. Quite an adjustment coming from Baltimore, Maryland. I thought this could help other East Coast transplants who have moved to the great state of Texas. Everything here is different- weather, shopping, food, culture, wildlife and language.

If you are new to San Antonio and have items that would help others adjust please add your comments- photos of armadillos are most welcome!

Friday, November 11, 2011

San Antonio Deco District

































I hate freeways so I take all the side roads. I frequently go through the "Deco District" on Fredericksburg Road. Let me just say it's no South Beach. There's a police station, a uniforms store and, of course, an HEB!


I think the HEB is probably the most art deco of all the buildings in this block. Well, at least the exterior of the store.












Unfortunately, the inside of the HEB looks like a run-down version of other HEBs. This area has lots of potential and someone in San Antonio with some artistic creativity should try to revive it and make it a true art deco destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment