Welcome

I decided to write this blog to document our new life in San Antonio, Texas. Quite an adjustment coming from Baltimore, Maryland. I thought this could help other East Coast transplants who have moved to the great state of Texas. Everything here is different- weather, shopping, food, culture, wildlife and language.

If you are new to San Antonio and have items that would help others adjust please add your comments- photos of armadillos are most welcome!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Schilo's Deli

Coming from the East Coast I've been missing the delis.  Even though I don't eat much meat, every now and then I get a hankering (do you like that nice Western word?) for a corned beef or pastrami sandwich and some good dill pickles. I've been reading about an old-time German deli, Schilo's, that's been around since the 1800's.  


Well, the Reuben and German beer we had really hit the spot. And the atmosphere is definitely old-German. It's not the Jewish deli that I'm used to (no Matzoh Ball soup or whitefish salad!) but when in Texas, it's the closest you'll find. 





No comments:

Post a Comment