Welcome

I decided to write this blog to document our new life in San Antonio, Texas. Quite an adjustment coming from Baltimore, Maryland. I thought this could help other East Coast transplants who have moved to the great state of Texas. Everything here is different- weather, shopping, food, culture, wildlife and language.

If you are new to San Antonio and have items that would help others adjust please add your comments- photos of armadillos are most welcome!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Birthday Celebration San Antonio Style

My boyfriend (let's call him N.) and I met many years ago in Cuernavaca, Mexico where we both lived. This weekend was his birthday so I thought it would be appropriate to celebrate his cumpleaños in style.  I found a great place called Alamo Fiesta (on the corner of Main Street) where they sell plastic banners of the Mexican flag. You can buy it by the yard and decorate your whole house! Imagine N's surprise when he came home from work and saw this! Hopefully we won't be kicked out of the neighborhood!



When I pulled out the surprise piñata (also purchased at Alamo Fiesta) we had to figure out how to hang it. Luckily, N. has many years of piñata hanging experience and after several attempts to throw a rock tied with a rope over a tree (and several near misses hitting the window and my head) the piñata was swinging in the breeze.


























And what could make a Texas birthday more complete than an authentic Mexican sombrero (purchased for $1.99 at the local Goodwill store.)  Hey, I'm starting to get the hang of things here!

No comments:

Post a Comment