Welcome

I decided to write this blog to document our new life in San Antonio, Texas. Quite an adjustment coming from Baltimore, Maryland. I thought this could help other East Coast transplants who have moved to the great state of Texas. Everything here is different- weather, shopping, food, culture, wildlife and language.

If you are new to San Antonio and have items that would help others adjust please add your comments- photos of armadillos are most welcome!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Eating Meat in Texas

Not a huge fan of meat. That's a problem here in Texas. 




I admit that I saw the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills when they visited San Antonio. They ate at Rudy's http://www.rudys.com/ so I pleaded with N. to 
take me there. He told me they wouldn't have much on the menu that I would like. He was right. Lots and lots of meat, barbecue (bar-b-que) and not much else. I had beans and creamed corn.  Actually, this place is worth a visit if you want to experience San Antonio. And for those of you not from Texas just go to their website and get some brisket or ribs shipped to you. Yee-haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment