Welcome

I decided to write this blog to document our new life in San Antonio, Texas. Quite an adjustment coming from Baltimore, Maryland. I thought this could help other East Coast transplants who have moved to the great state of Texas. Everything here is different- weather, shopping, food, culture, wildlife and language.

If you are new to San Antonio and have items that would help others adjust please add your comments- photos of armadillos are most welcome!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

From Baltimore to San Antonio

On August 3 my boyfriend, my cat and I arrived in San Antonio, Texas.  We drove 1,600 miles from Baltimore, Maryland with a small U-haul attached to the back of my car.  100 degree temperatures have been the norm since then and we finally saw rain for the first time a couple of days ago. Luckily the heat is bearable because of our wonderful salt water swimming pool.


You may notice, Chance, my boyfriend's dog by the pool...more about him later.














My cat, Sebastian, is 12 years old and has lived in a condominium his entire life. Needless to say, he enjoyed his first outing into the atrium inside our new house. Unfortunately, Sebastian did not see eye to eye...well, actually they did see eye to eye and then Chance proceeded to chase Sebastian through the house. Sebastian found his way to the closet in the master bedroom and has been spending most of his time there. Now and then he plucks up his courage to venture out only to be greeted by the barking 97 pound  
dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment